In today’s global economy, tutoring is beginning to get the respect and recognition it deserves. Tutoring can be a rewarding field for stay-at-home moms, retired workers, and people with technical skills. Due to budget cuts, high teacher-student ratios, and the No Child Left behind (NCLB) Act, it’s also an area that is booming for classroom teachers whether they want to try tutoring in the classroom or start their own private tutoring practice. With these types of tutoring opportunities, it is crucial to have a blueprint to follow so that individuals can start out with good information and build a reputation as an educator that delivers data-driven results.
In the Dr. Holland-Johnson’s Becoming a Better Tutor: A Data-Driven Approach to Tutoring, Tutor Consultant, Dr. Holland-Johnson delivers her field-tested advice so that you can:
* Find Your Tutoring Niche and Predict Your Chances for Success as a Tutor.
* Market Your Tutoring Practice to Attract Clients.
* Apply the Dr. Holland-Johnson’s Tutoring Framework for Effective Tutoring Sessions.
* Apply the Dr. Holland-Johnson’s In-Class Tutoring Method.
* Conduct Tutoring Consultations and Master Tutoring Interviews.
* Determine the Type of Tutor in Which You Will Need to be For Clients.
* Accurately Track Your Client’s Progress.
* Acquire know-how for starting and managing your tutoring practice, and dozens of other strategies you will need to be successful in the tutoring industry.
Take a data-driven approach to either tutoring in the classroom or building your tutoring practice to help your clients. By putting new strategies and proven methods in your toolkit, you’ll quickly find the path that leads to becoming a better tutor.